My Top 5 Lee Stafford Products




I'm not gonna lie, over the years I've tried most of Lee Stafford's different haircare ranges. I find his products actually do what they claim to, which is a rare thing to find. For me it all started with his My Big Fat Healthy Hair range, which were the first volumising products I'd found to actually deliver on their promises. From there I was tempted by so many of his other products and found some products I just couldn't live without, so today I'm talking about my top 5 Lee Stafford hair products.



Bleach Blondes Shampoo & Conditioner


This is not a range I'm currently using as I've just (finally!) finished growing out my bleached locks, but I would not have been without this shampoo and conditioner combo in the 10 years I bleached my hair. The purple pigments in the shampoo counteract yellow tones in bleached hair, and enabled me to get my colour from canary yellow to icy white within a few washes. I've tried a few other purple shampoos over the years but none were as effective as this or left my hair in such good condition.


The conditioner is not really effective at toning, but it left my hair feeling so silky and smooth that you wouldn't have guessed it was bleached. In fact my hairdresser used to always comment on what great condition it was in, and I really do credit that to these two products. You do need to be careful about how often you use toning products like these as over-toning will give your hair a purple cast, but if I'm honest I regularly ignored the instructions and used them daily without ending up with purple hair.


Sea Salt Crystal Shampoo


I first became aware of the volumising benefits of Sea Salt after trying one of Lush's solid shampoo bars, but I was never really keen on the solid format. This Sea Salt Crystal Shampoo comes in a big pot so you just scoop it out with your fingers. I still haven't really got used to the thick consistency full of big lumps of salt and I find it quite awkward to massage through my hair, but there's no denying this gives my hair a massive volume boost, making it feel noticeably thicker and fuller without drying it out. A must have for me before a big night out where my naturally skinny locks just won't do.


Breaking Hair Leave in Treatment


At one point during my bleaching years I was bleaching the whole of my hair every time my roots needed doing (I dunno, it was just easier than faffing around trying to make sure I just did the roots. Also, I was young and stupid) so obviously I ended up with quite a bit of damage, mainly at the underneath at the back of my head. I used the entire Breaking Hair range to nurture my poor locks back to health and had great success with it, so I'm surprised to see that this line seems to have been discontinued (please correct me if I'm wrong!), though it can still be found on eBay. My holy grail from this range was the leave in treatment, which when applied to towel-dried hair, leaves it feeling soft and silky, and over time helped turn the straw-like areas back into something resembling actual hair. It isn't sticky or greasy, and doesn't weigh down my fine hair, making it the perfect treatment for me.


Breaking Hair Split Ends Serum




Another product from the Breaking Hair range, the Split Ends Serum is perfect for anyone who (like me) tends to leave it too long between haircuts. This silky serum tames fly-aways whilst giving damaged and neglected ends a smoother, healthier look and feel. I disagree with the claim that it helps repair split ends, nothing will do that, but it definitely improves the look and feel of them no end. Just a tiny amount of this lightweight serum is needed so although the bottle is small it lasts really well.


The Bleach Blondes shampoo & conditioner are priced at £6.99 each, while the Sea Salt shampoo comes in at £9.99. Personally I feel these are well priced for the quality of the products, but I would recommend picking them up when Boots have them at 3 for £15 (which seems to be most of the time), to get the most value.


My only real gripe with Lee Stafford products is the awful, overwhelming, masculine scent which seems to be uniform throughout his Pink range. I don't even pretend to understand why you would design a range in such pink and girly packaging and then give it a scent reminiscent of cheap men's aftershave. It's bearable with the shampoos and conditioners because the scent doesn't hang around once it's been rinsed out, but the leave-in products leave me gagging, and I have to use more scent than I would like in order to cover the smell. Please take note Lee Stafford; no woman wants to smell like a 15 year old boy who's been too liberal with the Lynx!


Have you tried any of these products, or do you have another favourite? I'd love to hear your thoughts on the Lee Stafford range.









Comments