Molton Brown Gourmand Collections: A Journey Through the English Countryside


Molton Brown's new Gourmand Collections have had me well and truly obsessed from day one. Inspired by the English countryside, the collections feature three key scents; Rhubarb and Rose, Comice Pear and Honey, and Vanilla and Violet Flower.

I've been in love with the Rhubarb & Rose collection ever since a friend offered me a try of the hand cream (I have a major obsession with rhubarb, I was never not going to love this!), and vanilla and violet just happen to be two of my favourite scents, so it was always going to be a collection I would enjoy.

It took a LONG time for me to decide on where to start with this collection, but in the end I settled on the Perfect Picnic Bathing & Hand Gift Trio, which is a Limited Edition set including 300ml sizes of the Rhubarb & Rose and Vanilla & Violet Flower Bath & Shower Gels, and Comice Pear & Wild Honey Fine Liquid Hand Wash. At £49 this set will save you £9 on the price of buying the three items separately, and comes beautifully packaged to boot.


Owing to my lifelong love of rhubarb I'm slightly biased when it comes to the Rhubarb & Rose scent, but I have to say this is one of the best rhubarb scented products I've used. I'm not keen on rose scents at all so the fact that this is not really noticeable within the scent suits me just fine. The scent is beautifully natural, sweet and juicy and, although I hate to use such a cliché, good enough to eat. It takes me back to childhood and makes me yearn for my Dad's homemade rhubarb crumble.

The Vanilla & Violet Flower fragrance is sweet and candyish (parma violets anyone?!), yet manages to remain subtle, rather than becoming overpowering or cloying. It's far more violet than vanilla to my nose, but it's a beautiful scent nonetheless. Going into this gift box I was convinced the Rhubarb & Rose fragrance would be my favourite by a clear mile, but I actually can't choose between these two; they're both so different and so perfect in their own ways.

The only fragrance I had no prior expectations of was the Comice Pear & Wild Honey. I've used plenty a honey scented product, but pear? Nah. I couldn't even imagine what this would smell like, so I was eager to see if it would stack up to the other two scents, both of which I would happily wear as a fragrance (hint hint Molton Brown 😉).

It's another sweet scent but the honey makes it warmer and richer than the others, which results in a more comforting scent. While I'm using it the scent is predominantly honey, but unlike the others, this switches up and after I've used it the scent I get is of the juicy Comice Pear. It is another lovely scent and although the other two are definitely my favourites, it's just as fine a fragrance; I've just always had a thing for rhubarb and violet scents.

The quality of all three products is amazing, lathering well from the smallest amount and feeling like they really nourish and moisturise the skin; they really do feel like luxury products. I am aware many people would wince at the price, but Molton Brown is one of those brands that really is worth paying that bit more for.

If you're quick, there are some great Mother's Day deals running on the Molton Brown website at the moment. Just use the code 'MUM40' at checkout to receive a free 3 piece travel set when you spend over £40, or a 6 piece travel set if you spend over £70, as well as free delivery over £49 and a free gift box, so you can get a bit more bang for your buck!


Have you tried any of the Gourmand Collections? I'd love to hear what you think!

Comments